World

Russia says 1 killed, 3 injured in Ukrainian shooting in Belgorod


Ukraine war: Russia has repeatedly accused Ukrainian forces of launching attacks in its region.

Moscow:

One person has been killed and three others injured in southwestern Russia following an attack from Ukraine, Belgorod’s governor said on Wednesday.

“From now on, one person lost his life, he died in an ambulance, and there were three wounded,” the governor of the southwestern region of Belgorod, Vyacheslav Gladkov, said on the messaging app Telegram.

He said it was the “most difficult situation” in his region since Russian President Vladimir Putin sent troops to Ukraine on February 24.

Gladkov accused Ukraine of targeting the village of Solokhi, adding that one house had been partially destroyed.

The announcement came on the 77th day of Russia’s military campaign in Ukraine, which left thousands dead.

Authorities in Russian regions bordering Ukraine have repeatedly accused Ukrainian forces of launching attacks.

In April, Gladkov said Ukrainian helicopters went on strike at a fuel storage facility in Belgorod.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by techlives staff and is being published from a syndicated stream.)

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button